16 pt Foiled Silk Laminated Card
Business card Print Specification
- Color Mode: All files must be in CMYK color mode. No exception. If the file contains RGB colors you may get unexpected color shift print results.
- Document size: Always set the document size to 3.625″x2.125″ at the beginning. The actual business card size is 3.5″x2″.
- Set the bleed: All print requires setting or adding the bleed of 1/8″ inch around the 3.5″x2″ business card size so avoid white edges after cutting the card. Some designer uses 3.75″x2.25″ as their bleed size. That’s fine with us.
- Use of types: Outline all the text to graphics to overcome the possible type/font incompatibility and text flow issues.
- File Type: We accept the following file types. .pdf .ai, .psd .eps .jpeg, or .jpg .tiff .svg file types. Make sure texts are outlined in .ai and .psd file types.
- Color Matching: Be cautious with certain colors. ie. Reflex Blue, Pink, default black, and Turquoise.
- Print Safe zone: Position all the text and important graphics 1/16″ away from the edge of the paper so does not cut off during the cutting process.
- File resolution: We recommend a 300 dpi resolution file and the use of vector graphic image files wherever possible to get smoother text and exact graphic positioning where required.
How to start designing the business card from any major graphic software.
- Set the document size to 3.5 x2″, set the print resolution to 300 dpi, and make sure to set the color mode to CMYK color.
- Make sure all the text is inside the Safe Zone.
- Now, change the document size to 3.625″x2.125″. This adds 1/16″ (.0625″) around the business card by setting the bleed. Do not reposition the text or any of the graphical elements on the business card afterward, yet.
- Finally, if you have a background color other than white color extend out the background color to the new document size edge. Do the same for any graphical element that needs to extend out the to edge of the business card.
- Save the file as .pdf or jpg. Although other file types are acceptable we recommend these two types.
How to start designing the business card from Canva.com
- Canva’s business card requires a .25″ bleed instead of a .125″ bleed making a 3.75″x2.25″ document size. That’s okay with us.
- Be aware free or try versions of Canva will have some limitations in designing and saving the file in the correct form. You may need to pay to get their full service.
- Be sure to click on the right column ready to print bleed and danger zone issues.
- Download the file to your device and email it over to us or share it with us at [email protected]
- Our prices are similar to Canva printing with standard cards and Premium cards. Canva’sDeluxe cards are similar to our 32pt cards.
- If you would like us to create the card using Canva and share the file, then requires a one-time charge of $5 in addition to printing the card. To initiate the Canva share setup please contact us directly.
Many of the free online business card template files don’t have the bleed set to print properly.
If you don’t add or set the bleed, your business card will have white borders around the business card. Although this issue can be resolved requires special attention on our part and can cost you the extra setup cost.